Saturday, July 16, 2005

Back in Phuket

Holly and I arrived safe and sound back in Phuket. Probably the smoothest ferry ride yet. Both of us are really wiped out. She is not feeling well again today. I think that the heat takes its toll on us more than we give it credit for.

Heath and Rhianon and Lisa are still on Phi-Phi, volunteering on the island. Holly and I noticed the higher number of tourists on the island this time over. That is really good news, since the island was pretty much empty the first time we came over here. Just a hundred or so volunteers. I'd say the island is getting back to normality.

This has been a good trip, if for no other reason than to be out of our comfort zones... and to be with friends. Many are asking if we are going to just stay here and never come home, but it's not looking quite that way. Truth is, this has been a very hard trip for us (as I am sure has come out in our posts), and I think we will need some time to decompress and debrief before we consider our next trip abroad. Right now I think Holly and I are just ready to get back to the 814, sleep in our own bed, and eat some American food! Is that awful?

We leave in less than 2 days for Bangkok and then to California. Please pray for us a strong ending to the trip. Thanks everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLLY-
I would LOVE to email you but i only have Ryan's email address bc your blog gives no further details :(
drop me one sometime first :)

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home